Travel Channel Layover Guide
See below for a list of frequently asked questions.
- The app will not start or load. How can I contact you for help?
- The audio does not play on my iPad.
- The information about a destination is incorrect or it no longer exists. How can I tell you about it?
- How do I download city content?
- Why is the app asking me to download city data again?
- When I tried to download a city I received a message saying there is no more storage. What does that mean?
- How do I delete a destination or change the order of destinations in My Layover?
- Can I delete or reorder destinations in Tony's Layover?
- I don't see a Tony's Layover or My Layover timeline.
- Is there an easy way to find destinations besides browsing through them?
- Can I change the length of time at a destination?
- Can I add new destinations?
- How can I share a location using Facebook or Twitter?
- I don't want to share all of my check-ins. Can I turn sharing off?
- My app won't load or quits unexpectedly.
- Where can I learn more about Travel Channel and Anthony Bourdain's shows?
The app will not start or load. How can I contact you for help?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a description of the problem, your device type and version, and your iOS version. If you are able to launch the app, you can send an email using the Feedback option under Settings or More.
The audio does not play on my iPad.
The side switch on the iPad, which was previously used for rotation lock, changed function in iOS 4.2 to mute some sounds and alerts. You may be able to correct your issue by sliding the button up to un-mute your iPad. Additional information on the iPad audio control is available from Apple Support.
The information about a destination is incorrect or
it no longer exists. How can I tell you about it?
On iPad, select the Settings icon and choose Feedback. On iPhone, select the More tab and choose Feedback. You can also use Feedback to make a suggestion or report an issue with the app. Thank you for contacting us.
How do I download city content?
Click the city’s 3-letter airport code from the Home screen to download one city at a time. Once your download begins, you can check the box to download all cities. We recommend you download city content using a stable wireless connection. Once you have downloaded a city, you will be able to access most of the destination tips, photos and videos even without an internet connection.
When I tried to download a city I received a message
saying there is no more storage. What does that mean?
There is not enough available space on your device for the selected Layover content. Exit the Layover app to manage the storage on your device.
How do I delete a destination or change the order of
destinations in My Layover?
Choose the My Layover timeline within a city, then tap and hold a destination. You can delete using the red delete icon, or drag a destination to change its order in the timeline.
Can I delete or reorder destinations in Tony’s Layover?
No, Tony’s Layover shows the destinations that Tony visited during The Layover TV episode. They cannot be edited. Use My Layover to create your own itinerary.
How can I share a location using Facebook or Twitter?
From the destination view, click the Share button and choose Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare or Email. You will be prompted to enter your login credentials and approve Layover sharing.
My app won’t load or quits unexpectedly.
Visit The Apple Troubleshooting Assistant for help resolving many app issues: Apple Troubleshooting Assistant
Where can I learn more about Travel Channel and Anthony
Learn more at http://www.travelchannel.com.